Wednesday, August 27, 2008

You're Not the Boss of Me!


A Random Pic of Sage
Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in being a "mommy". We are basically taking care of most things when it comes to the kids or the household. We are "the bosses". However, when it comes to my husband and even, God, I want to take my "boss" role and run with it. This is not Biblical or even loving. I am not the boss of my husband and I am certainly not the boss of the Creator. Who am I to think that I can tell God what I want to happen and in what timeframe?

I have recently been doing the workbook, "The Power of a Praying Wife", when I have time. Some questions recently, have literally kicked my butt. I thought I would share them with you, as I continue my quest to submit to the real BOSS of the universe and also to love my husband in a way that matters.

1. Read Matt. 10:39 and underline it in your Bible. Do you trust God enough to answer His call to lay down your life in prayer for your husband? Why or why not?

2. Do you have any unforgiveness, anger, hurt, or disappointment toward your husband? ...ask God to set you free from those negative thoughts (sin).

3. Read Psalms 62:5. Are there any expectations you have of your husband that he is not living up to? What are they? Write a prayer asking God to show you where your expectations of your husband don't coincide with reality of who he is. Tell God you will put your expectations on Him so He can meet your needs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have gone through the book twice. It's amazing how you set out to pray for your husband and learn so much about yourself in return.

Gina said...

Someone else, whom I cannot recall at the moment JUST told me about how cool this book is. Hmmmm, is the boss trying to tell me something? I am glad Sage is back to napping :)
Love you.

Anonymous said...

Amen sista! Loved that book, sounds like I miss out on the workbook though. It's so encouraging to know other wives/moms who understand their role! And who realize it is a ministry in and of itself!
Thanks for posting the link to the blog on FB...it's nice to catch up with your family:)