Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Hail the Conquering Hero


I will never pay full price for a children's toy again. And I have only done it once. Since my friend decided to gloat over her best garage sale find tolivelaughlove...I have to gloat over my recent garage sale finds.

--1$ Halloween costume for this coming year, it's a boy costume, but I plan to add pink bows.
--$3 baby gate
--$2 big girl bed rails
--$5 basket FULL of little kitchen toys. I almost bought the little kitchen, but decided I would try and build my own. (inbetween credits for teaching, carrying for a toddler and a husband, and trying to keep my house clean) should have maybe bought it.
--$14 lamp for the living room
--$0.25 golf clubs for our budding LPGA tour girl

More than gloating about the good buys, I must gloat at how much fun it was. As Andy Stanley says in his "Lost" series, "It is more fun to look at someone's nice care and think, "I could have bought that." than to look at your own car and think "I shouldn't have bought that."

3 comments:

Gina said...

mmmmmm. If my husband didn't work on Saturdays I could have a similar post. While I am happy for your finds, I wish I had more to share. Good job. Maybe we can hit a few sales WHEN I COME OUT THERE!!!!

Gina said...

Oh and the address to my blog is wrong. I thought if I clicked on it it would possibly still be my blog, but it is another one.
tolivelovelaugh

The Family said...

Well done you! I thought about joining you, but decided that the "officially" broken ankle was not up to the task.

Congratulations on your finds.