Well, our little sweet baby is now moving and grooving. She is exploring, running, climbing, reaching, and generally doing new things every day. She is trying to copy our words and to express herself through grunts, whines, and sometimes words. She definately knows what she wants.
I am having a bit of a hard time with this stage. She seems too young to punish, yet she seems too old not to start disciplining in some sort of way. I really don't want her eating rocks, putting her hand in the toilet, or slapping her uncle. Yet, sometimes she doesn't seem to even know. I will ask her if she wants a "naughty pinch" and she will answer "yes". This tells me that either she doesn't understand or she has a highly sensitive conscience. I think it is probably the first option. So I continue to divert, move, and hold until we ride this stage out.

3 comments:
Glad to see this stage is evolving at your house as well as ours. We are seeing more frequent mini tantrums-stomping feet, crying, pushing us away, and arching her back. Aubrey definitely knows what she wants as well and watch out if you tell her no-no. This discipline thing is a conundrum at this point. We, like you, divert, distract, and sometimes just let her cry. Hard to believe how far we've come in a year.
Oh yes, good times.
We too are enjoying much of the same.
We have employed the pack n' play as a time out spot for major infractions such as hitting and such...only a minute of solitary confinement :-) each time.
I hear this is but a mere preview...wait until they can "use their words" for evil instead of good.
Post a Comment