Friday, January 21, 2011

The New Year 2011


Happy New Year everyone. I think we are finally over our sicknesses. Except now I have the stomach flu, but I am just pretending like I don't. Don't bring it up. It is not happening. Forget I even said anything. Instead, I am concentrating on the ishy-contempletive-life is zooming feeling instead.

I cannot believe how old my children are. Sage surprises me everyday with what she comprehends, her vocabulary, and her growth. Case in point, this is a hilarious story. She called me into the bathroom to tell me that Jesus was in her heart. I wasn't totally sure how to respond, so I said, "Well, how did He get there?" Quicker than lightening, "by boat". Okay, well, at least we have that cleared up. Also, the other day she heard me say the word "lonely". She came right down and asked me why I would say the word, "lonely" when I have Teague and her to keep me company. Teague on the other hand is always doing something that reminds me that he is a little person, not a baby any more. He is fearless and brave. He loves a few certain words and uses them over and over again. "Hi, bye, ruff-ruff, sagey, etc." He has also gotten really good at sign language lately, although he has his own adorable versions.


School is going fine. It is a great place to work, if one must work. I often fight back tears that I am really missing out on them being little. But in the same breath, I feel so thankful and stress-free about our finances and marriage. I wonder if I will always feel this pull regardless of my work schedule, etc. I remember feeling guilty about not 100% being in love with being at home all the time. I guess you cannot win so at some point, you trust that God has a plan for your life and is working it out in you.

Finally, with the new year upon us. We have had some fun memories at the cabin skiing, with cousins, and also just playing around at home. Here are some photos below:




No comments: