Death by lack of air. Insanity produced by lack of human contact. Bad hair due to crying children. All would describe this week. To say that I was looking forward to a week off of work, at home with my chicklings, was an understatement. Sometimes in the middle of a teaching day in November, I would dream of this moment.
It is not turning out like I had hoped.
Instead, I am sick. Teague is now on antibiotics. Sage has a fever. We have been reduced to a bunch of crying babies. We have not seen the light of day. The walls of our house are closing in on us. My happy, playful children have turned into obsessive movie-watchers (Sage) or nomads who roam from room to room (Teague). We have taken our frustrations out on the Daddy (me). He does not understand our plight. (Instead, last night, encouraged me to maybe work out more. Seething. )
Thank heavens for Aunties who open their clean homes to such a sick bunch. Thank heavens for Nanas who bring Children's Tylenol and coffee.
We shall overcome...or else run screaming into the horizon. Either way, happy break.
Love,
The Drama Mama

No comments:
Post a Comment