Monday, August 24, 2009

Full Time Working Mom

It's a title I really never thought I would hold. Yes, the "full time working" part can describe every mom out there, because we are all working our tushies off, all the time. As of Wednesday, I am returning to the work force as a full time teacher.

Kyle and I literally made the decision two weeks ago. We were needing some sort of stability for the winter months, as construction work can be sparce. It is truly a dream job to come across our plates in a time like this. I actually feel very blessed.

And very sad...I am not blaming any mom out there who wants to work. It has just been my dream since I was a little girl, playing dolls, to be a stay-at-home mom. I have been living the dream the past two years, with my trusty sidekick, a now two year old with dreamy eyes and a bursting personality.

I have to admit, I have been grasping these next three days with a tight fist, trying to squeeze all the time and life out of them. I don't want to miss anything, yet, I know I will. These are the last three months I will have with just "mini-me". Many of my friends have been trying to point out all the wonderful parts of my situaion. I get what they are saying and I know it is true. But you really cannot reason with a broken heart...

We have found a great daycare. The Grandmas are watching her two out of the five days a week, which is absolute Godsend to me. She loves to be around other kids. She will be safe and cared for. The school is one that I taught at before and has a great staff. I know what I am doing and am not afraid.

And yet, I am allowing myself to grieve this loss of time with my little girl.

Oh yeah, and I am 25 pregnant. I am allowed to cry whenever I want! ;) Have a great school year ya'll.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Wow. Thanks for sharing that. I can understand your pain, though I haven't walked in your shoes. I'm sure I would feel the same way.

Anonymous said...

I share in your "heart pain"...you're going to be fine and so will Sagee....I'm so looking forward to the time that Sagee and I (Papa too) will get to spend together...I've missed our regular times over the summer.

All that said....I'm shedding a few tears for you as I write. You are a GREAT mommy and don't you let yourself think otherwise