Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day



My friend, Karen, and I ran the Tacoma City 10K this Saturday. We went into the whole thing thinking we would walk a great deal, because neither of us had really trained all that much. We do our best to stay active, but with babies on board that is tough. We had a great run and walked for about 4 mintutes total, I am guessing. We only had one potty break. We just chatted the whole time and enjoyed the scenery. We did tear up a few times, because we were so inspired by the older people running, one man doing the half-marathon in a wheelchair, and the great cheering along the way. Friends, husbands, babies, and dogs meet us at the finish line, which was great fun. We had a great day and it was a wonderful surprise of a mother's day gift. Do I dare say...? We still got it?!?

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Of course you still got it, you are one hot Mama!!! Great job, Jill!

I know, right, that man in the wheelchair was awesome! :)

The Family said...

Way to go ladies!!!

What an inspiration you are to us all!!

Brooke said...

You're awesome!! And yes, you definitely "still got it". I must say though, it sounds like keeping up with Sage might count as "training"!

Gina said...

Yeah well, I run marathons... a lot!