That is right. Sage doesn't just get a calm, quiet birthday BBQ like her mother wanted. She gets parties with both sides, due to scheduling conflicts. She gets a little party with her small friends, too. Three parties. After running around all last week, like a chicken, or rather a mother hen, I thought I would be too exhausted to enjoy these days. But that has not been the case. I have loved every minute of watching these parties through her eyes. She loves the tissue paper. She loves balloons. She loves books. None of this surprises me. However, I have been surprised that she doesn't really like cake or frosting. I am surprised that she is content to scoot around the party and not be the center of attention. I am surprised that she LOVED the baby doll. I am surprised with all the people in the room, she still comes and runs to my arms. I love this little girl. I love who she is and also what I am learning about her. This week, I have been so overjoyed with celebrating her...she deserves every single party and more! We are so happy to have her in our life.
Monday, June 9, 2008
The Beginning of Birthday Week
That is right. Sage doesn't just get a calm, quiet birthday BBQ like her mother wanted. She gets parties with both sides, due to scheduling conflicts. She gets a little party with her small friends, too. Three parties. After running around all last week, like a chicken, or rather a mother hen, I thought I would be too exhausted to enjoy these days. But that has not been the case. I have loved every minute of watching these parties through her eyes. She loves the tissue paper. She loves balloons. She loves books. None of this surprises me. However, I have been surprised that she doesn't really like cake or frosting. I am surprised that she is content to scoot around the party and not be the center of attention. I am surprised that she LOVED the baby doll. I am surprised with all the people in the room, she still comes and runs to my arms. I love this little girl. I love who she is and also what I am learning about her. This week, I have been so overjoyed with celebrating her...she deserves every single party and more! We are so happy to have her in our life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So glad you're enjoying the week.
We were so sad to have to miss the party!!
Glad to see you pulled off the wheat free/ dairy free cake. How'd that bad boy taste?
Why are we doing wheat and dairy free?
Post a Comment