What is faith really? Is it a muscle? Is it a virtue? Is it a vice? I know this is one of the deep questions that some of my friends roll their eyes and wonder why I even ask. My other friends nod and smile and we move onto things like their last pediatrician appointment. Currently, I am working on my faith. I guess it would help to know what it is. As far as I can tell, my faith is a little dance that I do with God. He clears the dance floor of any clutter. A giant spot light causes everyone else to fade. And then...
We dance.
I try to look Him in the face. We go slowly. I try to relax in His arms and let myself follow His lead. It is tough. I like to lead. I like to dance to fast and quick songs that have us moving all over the dance floor. He is slowly teaching. It is harder when big problems encroch our dance floor. But it is during these times that He is the best and learn the most.

1 comment:
Beautifully captured and completely on point.
It's funny that I feel we're on the same page. You are completely right, it is always harder to go slow and let him take the lead. And yet when we finally relax, the dance is so much better.
Post a Comment